Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Missing your big chance..

today i might have missed a big chance to prove myself. i was so engrossed in a project i was working on, determined to finish it, that i couldn't see anything else. about 10am this morning i got an email from somebody in our SEA office asking if i could help with a peice of an RFP our team was working on. i scanned the email and thought sure, i can do that later this afternoon, no biggie. well, 3PM rolls around and my boss starts sending me all these emails about the original email with documents attached etc. one of her emails said "this needs to be fed-ex'd tomorrow AM". i immediately started to freak out. not only had i missed a chance to be on top of things and organized but i coudnt redeem myself b/c i had to leave right at 5pm due to the fact that i am house-sitting/taking care of a 14yr old for a week ( i call it a gig but its actually taking care of another human being, not easy for me). so i apologized for not being on top of it and did everything i could to coordinate people and paper to end up in the right place. i think eveything will turn out just fine but on my drive home i kept think...did you miss a big chance? not that i would have been asked to write anything important in our proposal, but i would have been a part of putting something into it. i know my boss knows how hard i've been working on the details for our move and other projects she's given me but it's so hard not to wonder.


but the sunset worth leaving early for tonight....

No comments: