Thursday, April 24, 2008

my new best friend...

...two posts in one day, aren't you lucky. sarah and i went to the park tonight (for those of you who don't know i'm staying with sarah magarian while her parents are in mexico) to swing and enjoy the sun. this adorable red head with braces marches up to me and sits down on the swing next to me. i told him he had cool shoes, he said thanks. then he starts doing serious dismounts of the swing to impress me. i told him he was a great jumper- he should look into swing olympics. i ask him how old he is...he says 9. he tells me that he was born in italy at which point sarah asks if that's in france (she's serious). he tells me his name is pietro. but hearing it from an adorable 9 year old in an italian accent is so cute. it was like he declared it, he didn't just say my name is pietro....he owned it. i told him is english is great for only having been here a few years and he tells me that he wants to learn other languages so he can understand all people of the world. so this 9 year old and i start having a border line philosphical conversation about languages and people. he was so intelligent and adorable. he told me to come back tomorrow if the weather's nice....i told him i would have to ask my mom (i think he thought i was like 12). i love kids, they are so awesome if you just listen to them.


in other news i have a stye and an infection in my eye:-(

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Sorry to hear about your eye. I think someone should tell Zach that it looks like he has some competition...