Sunday, June 1, 2008

donde esta??

maybe you've been asking yourself that...where is kristen? why hasn't she been blogging? well my friends, i'll let you in on the last month of my life:

- i moved into a sweet apartment with one of my best friends and i love it (we don't have internet yet hence the hiatis in blogging)
- i road tripped with my grandpa to colorado then stayed with my friend kristina in denver
- i've been busy busy at work. it's the good busy though. i love what i'm learning and how i'm challenged. i'm blessed to be able to work for good people and good causes.
- i've been learning A LOT in my relationships lately. specifically, i don't like when my friends set unspoken or unattainable expectations on me so i shouldn't do that to them.
- it's tough when you feel like you're being replaced
- i miss living with my dog big time
- i'm learning to manage money better than ever before. it doesn't scare me anymore.
- i am praying that i can go to africa in the fall with the church
- i'm leading sophomore girls at overflow and am learning lots
- sometimes at work i pinch myself b/c of all the responsibility and trust they've given me over the last 6 months
- i turn 24 soon:-)
- on the road trip with my grandpa i got to see emotions of his that i never thought he had. we were listening to "It's Your Love" by tim and faith (yes, my gpa likes country) and he was crying b/c he missed my grandma. i told him we could turn it off but he said no, they were tears of good memories.
- my niece is walking and kind of talking. she's awesome.
- zach and i are making strides in understanding each other and learning to compromise....i've found out over the last year and a half that i'm pretty selfish when it comes to time.


that's about it...i'm gonna go home and hang some stuff on my walls finally.
happy sunday

2 comments:

Jenna said...

- Celebrating Traci's bday X2
- Celebrating my graduation
- Being an all around awesome chica!

Christina Groth said...

Wow. What a cool insightful experience to witness the strong love that your grandfather feels for your grandmother. We need to hear that there are older couples whose marriages were victoriously tenacious. It gives hope.

Welcome (almost) to the 24 club. It hasn't been nearly as exciting as the TV show 24. I'm thinking that is a good thing.