Friday, June 20, 2008

me time...

...i don't know about you but i don't get much of that. between work, zach, family, friends and church i'm pretty tapped out every week. zach and traci both let last saturday for honduras for two weeks and a few other friends were on business trips this past week so i've had a ton of time to myself. i love it. i've realized that i spend so much time trying to work around other people's schedules and making them happy that i never spend time on me. in my quest to "balance" my relational life i've managed to neglect my personal, spiritual and physical health. this past week i started working out again, praying more throughout the day as i used to, catching up with friends and just being. i realized that i was spending so much time trying to get from point a to b that when i got to b i wasn't a good listener or friend. i was tapped out. it's funny that i'm writing this b/c on sunday i'm sharing at Overflow on this very topic: relationships.

tonight i hung out with my mom, watched a movie and had a cupcake. then i came home and got to skype with tyler who's still teaching in thailand. since he's been there (almost for a year) we haven't had much time to chat. it's tough to coordinate schedules so it was nice to chat without having somewhere to be next.

i think it's time for a s'more.....

peacelove

No comments: