Thursday, October 4, 2007

Party Like a Rockstar...

That has nothing to do with the post I'm about to write but I just had it in my head so thought I'd get it out.
Ok so what's new with me you might ask? Well let's see. I had an awesome interview today at a communications firm and was asked back for another interview next Monday so that's great. I have another interview tomorrow for a Youth Programs coordinator at THPRD (which I would only pursue if the full time communications thing didn't work out) AND I have an opportunity at Sunset as well which I just love. I'm so thankful for all of these opportunities. It's been rough to have ZERO income over the past month and not to mention flying across the country...and back. So God knows I'm need of some financial and career stability and direction. He knows it and He will provide me with something with is so exciting. I've tried my best to be patient since I've been home turning down happy hours, chips and salsa dates and yes, sadly even dessert (my boyfriend wouldn't believe that for a minute though). So I told God this "ok, I'll trust you to provide, not ask parents for gas money etc. and see how long I can last." Well I'm still here and while my funds are a bit depleted God has brought me an opportunity to house sit this week, 3 interviews, and a house sitting/watch my kid gig in November. He takes care of His people for sure.

Let's see....I got to spend lots of time with my niece this past week. She is adorable. One afternoon she was having a tough time going to sleep, the over tired baby syndrome kicked in and she fought it hard. I got stressed out b/c a baby's cry is so sad to me. So she finally fell asleep after a few hundred laps around my house and as she was sleeping I just started praying over her. I prayed that God would bless her future and provide everything for her. I prayed that she would seek out faith for herself and not be close minded or judgemental. It was a pretty awesome moment to say the least. She had such a traumatic birth and both she and my sister probably should have died. But there's a reason her middle name is Hope and I'm so blessed that in moving back home I get to watch her grow. Here is one of my favorite Nikolette pics:
She still has those sweet puffy cheeks and the best laugh you could imagine. Ok well I better go do something productive with my life....in reality I'll probably just nap with my puppy.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Praise God for awesome work opportunities! Keep me posted on what happens with all of them. Who are you interviewing with at THPRD? Maybe I know them.

Your niece is such a cutie! I prayed over all the babies I watched at the house this summer. Truely an incredible moment when no one is around.