Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Battling Boredom

Ok first of all on a random note, when I was typing in the title for this post the suggestion the computer gave me was beer pong...If I ever actually searched for information on beer pong I'm seriously disappointed in myself I mean come on I went to college!

Anyway, today I will battle boredom. I think the first plan of attack is to send as many cards to people as I have stamps for. This should take up at least an hour of the day, so be prepared....you may get a really awesomely decorated card from me soon (if you know me you should be laughing now b/c I'm not artistic at all). Second, I think I will start reading a book I read my freshmen year of college called The Persian Puzzle: The conflict between Iran and America. I was watching CNN yesterday and President Ahmadinejad of Iran was speaking at Columbia. His comments and his speech were fascinating....I want to remind myself of what the "facts" are. I love this kind of stuff. This class I took freshmen year was intense. At UofO there is a crazy teacher named Ken and he is known for his timely and controversial courses. If you don't register for his class at the exact minute you are scheduled to, you'll never get in. This class started out as US Foreign Policy but then the war heated up and it basically became a course of US/Middle East relations. So that term I read 10 novel size books on the region. I knew so much about the conflict and the history of the Middle and Near East, I wish I could remember that all now!
Third I think I'll have a hot choc from Starbucks with a college friend. Then I'll probably go to Fusion and work out with Zmiller.

What do you to combat boredom and do you have any job suggestions for me???

2 comments:

GodSide said...

Well we always have stuff that could be done in Student Ministry.

Carrie Peeples said...

When I first moved here and didn't have a job for 3 months, I volunteered at Luis Palau stuffing envelopes or whatever they needed done. It was fun to hangout at a ministry and meet the other people who volunteered, who were mostly older. GREAT experience and something that looks nice on a resume. Also can lead into job options as you're around ;)