Thursday, September 20, 2007

Foggy

That's about as accurate as I can explain my thoughts right now. I had an interview last week with a company I really wanted to be a part of but found out today that they "were pursuing other candidates". I'm just bummed. I have been out of college for over a year and a half and have yet to find my start. I've had some great jobs but they've all been average jobs, which had no room for growth. I'm so frustrated. I wasn't accepted to grad school where I really really wanted to go, then DC didn't work out, and now I am just sitting back where I started this time last year. I know I'm capable to do just about any job. And this experience has been really humbling, but I just want to land a job and stay there for a while. I would love to get into marketing or human resources, but they are both really hard areas to just jump into without any education or real experience. And of course my experience is pretty unconventional. I'm seriously considering going to get my masters in teaching b/c that's something I have always wanted to do- I just pictured myself doing it later in life. It's crazy how the plans we make for ourselves can be a world away from God's plan in our lives.
I guess this is God's way of humbling me and making me focus on the fact that success is not measured by what we get but by what we give.

Enough venting....time to refocus and get on with life:-)

1 comment:

Carrie Peeples said...

Ya for a blog!! I love blogs and it will be fun to keep up with you and your thoughts as they unfold. I can kind of understand where you are at. And it's always interesting to see how God's plans work out SO much differently then we ever imagined!!